During your visit to this site, we do gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally and is limited to:
- The IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer in order to browse the Web) and Internet domain (for example, "company.com" if you connect from work, "school.edu" if you connect from school) of your computer;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our Web site;
- The date and time you access our Web site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to this Web site from another Web site, the address of that Web site.
This information is used to track site usage and user technology; this information in turn helps us to make our site more useful to visitors.
Use and Collection of Personal Information
Other than the information listed above, personal information is only collected if you send an e-mail to staff in the Human Rights Council office, or fill out a form with your personal information and submit it through our Web site. These communications are automatically logged for tracking purposes, and will be used to follow-up on your comments, questions, or requests.
We do not collect personal information for any other purposes. The information that you provide is not given to any private organizations or private persons, nor do we collect or use information for commercial marketing.
- Adobe Portable Document Format files (.pdf) - Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Microsoft Word documents (.doc) - Word Viewer
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets (.xls) - Excel Viewer
- Microsoft PowerPoint presentations (.ppt) - PowerPoint Viewer
- WinZip files (.zip) - WinZip
In order to provide additional relevant information to our users, this site may link to a number of outside sources and sites. However, we are not responsible for the content, accuracy of information or maintenance of these sites. Nor should our linking to any external site be viewed as an endorsement of any content found there.
Complaints of possible violations of the Act may be filed with:
Human Rights Council
Sandra D. Norman, Director
1220 Bank Street Jefferson Building, 3rd floor
Richmond, Virginia 23218
The HR Study and the Submit a Complaint form are in .pdf format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To obtain a free copy of the Reader, visit the Adobe website.